Friday, May 15, 2009

Podcasting

Ok so I wasn't very impressed with the two sites we were given to look for podcasts but when I did a search of my own, I ended with nothing better. There were some local libraries who used podcasting, but not many, and many links to their podcasts were dead. I think libraries could make podcasts as a way of making announcements to patrons about new books, library events and hours, or any other kind of announcement. The Library of Congress could have reviewers like Ebert and Roper, only for books and in podcast form, then patrons could decide which reviewer they want to rely on and make book selections based on those reviews. I think more needs to be done in podcasting with regards to libraries. Libraries like LBH could use podcasts to narrate short major or breaking news stories, similar to audiovision, but on a more time-sensitive basis. I subscribed to Association Technology Update which basically keeps you informed about the latest technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment