Friday, May 8, 2009

Deliciousness

Delicious is a very useful tool; the first thing that came to my mind was how when I run searches on Google or Yahoo, there are sometimes 2000+ results. I don't have the time, nor the will, to go through all those results and usually the sites that pay the most for advertising get priority (fair enough). However, hidden in those pages and pages of search results are websites that could have precisely the information I'm looking for. Or perhaps I'm looking for an esoteric topic that someone else has created a page about, but I can't find it because it's unpopular. Delicious takes care of that by finding websites others have stumbled upon and share them with you, saving you a lot of time!
A feature that I thought was valuable was being able to see others' profiles. If someone has a similar taste in music, art, research etc., chances are they will have websites tagged that will be of use to you. I think this can be a useful research tool to a degree; information online can be accurate or it can be biased and just not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment