Friday, May 15, 2009

Graduación de Tapas

Sweet! I'm graduating today. For me the best part of the Tapas program was learning about RSS feeds and I really liked that list of web 2.0 winners, I bookmarked that page and I will surely make use of it. Flckr and YouTube may be foreign to some, but for me it was old hat because I'm 26 and use the internet every day. Those websites are so popular and many people refer to them in social situations like "Hey did you see that video on YouTube of the dude walking on his elbows??". I'd say about half of the information in the program was new to me. RSS feeds I already knew about but I didn't know the extent to which they could make your life easier. Also applications like Zoho were completely alien to me and I only recently learned of OfficeLive. I will probably make use of most of the tools I learned but not all. I would definitely participate in another program again and I think the format that was used is appropriate, however, if I recall we were allowed to spend an hour on this a week I think- not enough time! The program should either be scaled down, or we should be allowed more time to do this. Sometimes the exercises were fun, other times kind of boring but that all depends on the user's interest and what would benefit them the most. Other than that it's good! It's ironic that atleast 4 Universities in NJ (Rowan, Rider, TCNJ, Ramapo) are graduating today...I wonder if that's a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment